- » How is Royal Jelly Produced?
- » The Best Cough Remedy For Fast Results
- » Royal Benefits of Royal Jelly
- » What is Propolis? Why do we need it?
- » Royal Benefits of Royal Jelly
- » Why Bee Bread is Healthy
- » The Best Cough Remedy For Fast Results bee&you
- » Best Cough Remedy for Kids
- » Bee-loved Raw Honey is Back!
- » Take Care of Your Skin!
- » New Go-to Sore Throat Remedy
- » Best Way to Boost Your Immune System!
- » The Strongest Cough Medicine of All Time!
- » Vitamins to Boost Your Immune System
- » Best Wildflower Honey on the Market!
- » Supplements for Immune System
- » Bee Pollen Granules
- » How to Use Bee Pollen?
- » What is Bee Propolis?
- » Honey Lip Balm
- » Honey Wildflower
- » Health Benefits and Propolis Honey
- » Propolis Spray
- » Royal Jelly Capsules
- » Our Mission to Save the Bees
- » How to Increase your Immunity with Bee Products
- » Strong Immune System with Propolis
- » Effective Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- » Bee Pollen and it’s Health Benefits
- » Propolis and it’s Function in the Beehive
- » Royal Jelly and Reproductive Health
- » A Recipe to Strengthen the Immune system
- » Royal Jelly and Skin Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Prostate Cancer
- » Royal Jelly and Mental Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Diabetes
- » Royal Jelly and it’s Effects on the Immune System
- » Propolis and It’s Effects on Breast Cancer
- » Propolis and it’s effects against viruses
- » How Do Bees Make Honey?
- » Propolis and it’s Antifungal effects
- » Propolis against Colon Cancer
- » Royal Jelly and the Immune System
- » Bee&You Royal Jelly Skin Health
- » Royal Jelly and Diabetes Mellitus
- » Propolis against Breast Cancer
- » How to Identify Real Propolis
- » Boost your Kids Immunity with Propolis
- » Bee Pollen: A Nutritious Addition to Your Diet
- » Benefits of Propolis, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cinnamon
- » Our Awarded Immune and Energy Support
- » Two Bee Superfoods You Haven’t Heard Before
Propolis has attracted people with it’s healing power for thousands of years ago. According to the historical records, it has been used as a remedy to treat many diseases by reducing the intensity of symptoms by ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians. Since then, propolis has been used as a natural antibiotic.
Although conventional and alternative medicine has extensively used propolis as a medicine for ages, modern medical treatments are mostly based on synthetic pharmacy products. Hence, the employment of propolis in treating diseases, unfortunately, faded away as modern medicine became powerful. However, in the last two decades, natural remedies gained significant recognition back again as the side effects of synthetic drugs created awareness in public.
Propolis, a natural bee product that bees gather from plant stems, leaves and buds has powerful anti-bacterial and antioxidant effects, is used to kill germs inside the hive and to keep the bee colony healthy. The main function of propolis for bees is to provide and maintain the antiseptic environment in the hive. Honey bees use propolis for protecting larvae and themselves against microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, fungus) and they use it as a source of disinfectant in the hive. It has a high antioxidant capacity due to its rich content of flavonoids and phenolic compounds.
Research carried out at Istanbul University in 2012 investigated apoptosis inducing effect of propolis on selected breast cancer cell lines by in vitro tissue cell culture techniques. The propolis samples were obtained from Brazil, China, Argentina, and Turkey. The results of the study showed that Anatolian propolis from Turkey was the most strong apoptosis inducer, without any harm to healthy cells.
References: Saygili, N., Timirci-Kahraman, Ö., Kisakesen, H.I., Yilmaz, E., Yilmaz-Aydogan, H., Bilgiç, S., Öztürk, T., Seyhan M.F., Eronat, A.P., Tüzüner, M.B. ve Öztürk, O. 2016. Farkli Cografik Orijinli Propolislerin MCF7 Meme Kanseri Hücrelerindeki miRNA Ekspresyon Profiline Etkileri, IV. Multidisipliner Kanser Kongresi, BURSA, TÜRKIYE, 13-16 Aralik 2012, ss.1-1