- » How Do Bees Make Honey?
- » Our Mission to Save the Bees
- » How to Increase your Immunity Against Coronavirus
- » Coronaviruses and the Immune System
- » Effective Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- » Bee Pollen and it’s Health Benefits
- » Propolis and it’s Function in the Beehive
- » Royal Jelly and Reproductive Health
- » A Recipe to Strengthen the Immune system
- » Royal Jelly and Skin Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Prostate Cancer
- » Royal Jelly and Mental Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Diabetes
- » Royal Jelly and it’s Effects on the Immune System
- » Propolis and It’s Effects on Breast Cancer
- » Propolis and it’s effects against viruses
- » Boost your Kids Immunity with Propolis
- » Bee Pollen: A Nutritious Addition to Your Diet
- » How to Identify Real Propolis
- » Benefits of Propolis, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cinnamon, Ginger and Turmeric
- » Our Awarded Immune and Energy Support
- » Two Bee Superfoods You Haven’t Heard Before
- » What is Bee Venom?
What to consider before buying propolis?
Propolis production is a process that requires experience, knowledge, technology and arduous analysis. Unfortunately, the analysis made so far, can not conclude whether all of the products offered under the name propolis is real or not.
The majority of propolis products on the market come from China, and according to the analysis, these products are much lower in quality and bioavailability than natural propolis.
According to the scientific reviews, it was understood that these products weren’t pure and contained leaves and stems of the plants as counterfeit.
How to Identify Real Propolis
We have stated that the way to understand natural and real propolis is through a rigorous analysis process. However, it is worth mentioning a few points that can give the consumer an idea about real propolis.
In the market, different products in different color shades from transparent to light yellow are sold as propolis. In contrast, true propolis has a color from light brown to dark brown. It should have a sharp but pleasant, floral aroma and smell
Propolis is also a long-lasting and durable natural product. Therefore, it does not need to contain preservatives. If the end product has preservatives or traces of it, it is usually not real.