- » How is Royal Jelly Produced?
- » The Best Cough Remedy For Fast Results
- » Royal Benefits of Royal Jelly
- » What is Propolis? Why do we need it?
- » Royal Benefits of Royal Jelly
- » Why Bee Bread is Healthy
- » The Best Cough Remedy For Fast Results bee&you
- » Best Cough Remedy for Kids
- » Bee-loved Raw Honey is Back!
- » Take Care of Your Skin!
- » Propolis and it’s Antifungal effects
- » Propolis against Colon Cancer
- » Royal Jelly and the Immune System
- » Bee&You Royal Jelly Skin Health
- » Our Mission to Save the Bees
- » How to Increase your Immunity with Bee Products
- » Strong Immune System with Propolis
- » Effective Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- » Bee Pollen and it’s Health Benefits
- » Propolis and it’s Function in the Beehive
- » Royal Jelly and Reproductive Health
- » A Recipe to Strengthen the Immune system
- » Royal Jelly and Skin Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Prostate Cancer
- » Royal Jelly and Mental Health
- » Propolis and it’s Effects on Diabetes
- » Royal Jelly and it’s Effects on the Immune System
- » Propolis and It’s Effects on Breast Cancer
- » Propolis and it’s effects against viruses
- » How Do Bees Make Honey?
- » Royal Jelly and Diabetes Mellitus
- » Propolis against Breast Cancer
- » How to Identify Real Propolis
- » Boost your Kids Immunity with Propolis
- » Bee Pollen: A Nutritious Addition to Your Diet
- » Benefits of Propolis, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cinnamon
- » Our Awarded Immune and Energy Support
- » Two Bee Superfoods You Haven’t Heard Before
Royal jelly is a valuable bee product that is secreted by worker bees to feed baby bees and the queen bee in the hive. Being fed only with royal jelly, queen bee grows 2 times bigger and lives 30 times longer than the other bees. 10-HDA (10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid) and royalactin are two unique compounds found only in royal jelly and have been reported to have many functional properties.
A review published by Japanese scientists evaluated the effect of royal jelly on the immune system. Royal jelly contains proteins and lipids by about 10% (dry matter basis). 10 -Hydroxy-trans-2-decenoic acid (10H2DA), often referred to as "royal jelly acid," is a significant and unique lipid component in royal jelly. The effect of 10H2DA on innate and adaptive immunity has attracted many scientists through in vitro and in vivo studies. Royal jelly has been considered to be beneficial for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. It has been revealed that 10H2DA is involved in some of those activities, including inhibition of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-and interferon (IFN)--stimulated macrophage responses, inhibition of T-cell proliferation and anti rheumatoid activity. Other biological activities also involve estrogen-like activity, particularly easing postmenstrual syndromes, anti-tumor activity, promotion of collagen production, and neurogenic activity on brain cells.
1) Sugiyama, T., Takahashi, K., & Mori, H. Royal jelly acid, 10-hydroxy-trans-2-decenoic acid, as a modulator of the innate immune responses. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders-Drug Targets (Formerly Current Drug Targets-Immune, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders), 2012, 12(4), 368-376.
2) Park H.M., Hwang E., Lee K.G., Han S.M., Cho Y., and Kim SY. Royal jelly protects against ultraviolet B-induced photoaging in human skin fibroblasts via enhancing collagen production. J Med Food. 2011, Sep;14(9):899-906.